‘Hippocratic oath for scientists’ – Nature News Blog
12 Sep 2007 – Posted by
– Act with skill and care in all scientific work. Maintain up to date skills and assist their development in others.
– Take steps to prevent corrupt practices and professional misconduct. Declare conflicts of interest.
– Be alert to the ways in which research derives from and affects the work of other people, and respect the rights and reputations of others.
– Ensure that your work is lawful and justified.
– Minimise and justify any adverse effect your work may have on people, animals and the natural environment.
– Seek to discuss the issues that science raises for society. Listen to the aspirations and concerns of others.
– Do not knowingly mislead, or allow others to be misled, about scientific matters. Present and review scientific evidence, theory or interpretation honestly and accurately.